Stucco has been around for decades. Still, many times stucco installers will install stucco incorrectly, causing your building damage. Did the installers use a water-proofing layer and install it over lathe? Or did they take short cuts, simply and improperly installing, causing it to crack, people and lead to deeper damage to your home or business.
If you have endured damages to your home or business due to a builder’s failure to properly install a stucco system, please email or call LeavenLaw as soon as possible. Our insurance dispute lawyers will move quickly, counseling you on your rights and taking the action need maximize your recovery.
Working with LeavenLaw’s insurance dispute attorneys means:
- You get to meet with an attorney for fee at an initial consultation
- You pay us zero unless we prevail for you
- You a team of litigators that faces Goliath financial institutions daily
- You will have the peace of mind knowing you are not alone
Common Causes of Stucco Damage or Stucco System Failure
Many stucco systems rely upon installation details that are completely concealed after the system is completed. The most important part of the stucco cladding system is the moisture barrier and flashing system. Defects and damages can occur due to poor insulation detailing by installers, construction workers, builders, or other workmen. In many instances, damages are hidden within the wall cavity and are not until identified until professional testing is performed and the defects discovered.
Stucco defects and failure can also occur:
- Improper installation or inadequate number of expansion joints
- Improper curing time before coats
- Improper thickness of material
- Improper plywood sheathing installation
- Improper selection, installation, fastening, or use of metal lath for installation
Is My Stucco Defective?
There are several signs of stucco defects and failure. If you notice or see any of the following warning signs listed below, the interior/exterior of your home or building may be experiencing stucco failure. You must speak with us immediately to determine your options at this time.
- Cracking, breaking, blistering, bubbling, or flaking in the stucco or walls
- Rotting, stains, or discoloration
- Mold growth or moisture damage
- Streaks around windows, doors, and roof joints
- Mold or moldy smell
- Discoloration in the bottoms of windows
- Trim is warped or damaged
- Carpets and floors wet or discolore
For years, our Florida stucco damage claim attorneys have helped homeowners, business owners, and other property owners take action against negligent builders, construction companies, and insurance companies regarding stucco and other property damage claims due to faulty workmanship. If you think your home or building is at risk due to improperly installed stucco systems, you should speak with a LeavenLaw attorney immediately. LeavenLaw’s attorneys and professional have an in-depth knowledge of this complex area of law and can help leverage your stucco damage insurance claim case into the best possible result.
Ready to start aggressively pursuing maximum compensation for your stucco damage claim? Call LeavenLaw’s policy-holder advocates to assist you with your claim today! (866) 514-0556.